It’s Easy to Make the Perfect Latte or Mocha Latte Coffee at Home with the Right Tools
Living far from a great café is the perfect incentive to learn to make delicious mocha coffee drinks –cafe-style– from scratch at home. The only piece of “fancy” equipment I use is the Capresso.
I put this recipe* together in flash the other day. And I did something I rarely do: wrote down the ingredients. Now I something new and wonderful to share with you.
Mocha Latte Coffee Recipe
The tools you need:
- Capresso FrothPro for steaming and frothing milk
- Coffee Maker (I use a Melitta coffee pot and the “pour over” technique.)*
- Electric kettle (or kettle that heats on a stove top or a simple pot to boil water.)*
You will find every thing you need to make a cafe-style mocha latte in My Coffee Store.
Step 1. Brew strong coffee
Brew 1 or 2 cups of strong coffee using any kind of bean and any brewing method you like
Step 2. Make chocolate for your mocha latte coffee
INGREDIENTS (Affiliate links)
Shop My Coffee Store for the ingredients.
4 cups boiling hot water
4 tablespoons coffee grounds (Peet’s and Boyd’s beans are my favorites. Try Teeccino, a delicious herbal no-caffeine”coffee”.)
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons sugar (I like the caramel flavor and low-glycemic nature of coco palm sugar)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
Step 3. Steam and froth milk for your mocha latte coffee
- Add 1 cup of milk of any kind to your Capresso machine. Turn it on. The milk with steam and froth while the water is boiling and the coffee is brewing. (I’ve had success frothing all kinds of dairy milk, coconut milk, almond milk, even homemade almond milk. Nonfat milk “foams” the best.)
- Heat up the inside of your high-speed blender by pouring 1/2 cup hot water. Dump out the water. (I use a Breville. I use it daily to make smoothies, too)
- Add back into the blender 1/2 cup boiling hot water, cocoa powder, sugar, a pinch of salt, unsalted butter, coconut oil. Blend on high (I use purée) for 20 seconds. You’re looking for the mocha ingredients to melt and take on a lightly creamy texture.
- Pour one-half of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of your mug.
- Add hot freshly brewed coffee.
- Pour in the steamed milk and spoon in the froth.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg or more cocoa on top.
You Did It!
You just made for yourself a marvelous homemade mocha latte!
Affiliate links are included in this post.